Saturday 23 January 2010

Sunny Thoughts

Greetings friends. What joy!.....We've seen blue sky this week and a friendly yellow sun has popped out from behind the clouds to say "hello".
Sun311_1
Birds started singing and suddenly I felt that winter might be giving way to an early spring.
So, I decided to do a bit of early 'spring cleaning'. You know the sort of thing...taking everything out of a cupboard in order to lovingly sort through the contents and then put it all back a little more neatly than before.
Needless to say there were a few 'treasures' in the cupboard, not least this little bag that I made for my daughter over 20 years ago.
Bag2_1
 I didn't have to ponder long on the reason for making it as a quick look inside revealed all!
Comf_1
Daughter had taken it to a family wedding the highlight of which had been picking up handsful of confetti to fill her bag. Well, what else would a little girl use a wedding bag for?
Bludr2_1
This is the little matching dress I made for her all those years ago. Over the years I've given away quite a few of my children's clothes but I do have a habit of hanging onto the handmade ones.
Squirrelling away these things is a family failing that I inherited from my mum. 
Blu3_1
Mum hated parting with the little dresses she'd lovingly made for us. Here is a cutie she made for my sister when she was two. Many years later my daughter delighted in wearing it. Needless to say it's been laundered many times but is still as pretty as ever.

How nice it was during a week of sunshine to receive a 'sunshine award' from my blogging chum Carol at Wee Cute Treasures. A very big thank-you to you Carol for considering my blog to be a worthy recipient.
Saw_1
I'm going to pass my sunshine award to some little girls and their mom.
Pagir_1
They live in the States and whenever I visit their blog I find them wearing the prettiest dresses. I really love the little poem I found on their blog this week and if you have a passion for wearing dresses I think you'll love it also so do take a look. You'll find it at Sweete Felicity.
I hope the sun is shining for you wherever you live.
Until next time,
Eli