Tuesday 2 March 2010

Lovely lavender

Who couldn't love lavender. It sings of summer days.

IMG_2209_1

This little scene was created by my daughter last July. Whenever I ask her what she'd like as a gift for her birthday her reply is always accompanied by a sweet image. She popped into her garden with this little dolly, sat her amongst the lavender flowers and 'snapped'.
And so, dreaming of summer days ahead I have spent the week thinking of the colour lavender and all my favourite flowers in shades of mauve and purple.

Mbuch_1

Sweet smelling lilac has to be my all time favourite.

Mauve_1

With refreshments served in my purple pansy mug and something sweet to eat in shiny purple wrappers, I've been busy creating the pattern for a new little character to put in my Etsy shop. She is of course dressed in shades of lavender.

Lucy5_1

Her name is Lucy Lavender and she's a bit of a rascal as you can probably see from her cheeky smile. She comes with a little rabbit who is holding a tiny carrot. I hope the pair don't cause too much trouble round here!